- Engineered wide - plank hardwood flooring is the most effective way to increase the value of a home:
- Over 1,200 real estate professionals were asked, “What is the most effective change you can do to your home to increase its value and sell it quicker?” It was an overwhelming answer of: installing hardwood flooring
- Ease of maintenance:
- One of the reasons people love engineered wood flooring is because it is so easy to care for. With the proper cleaning and maintenance, your engineered wood floor should provide many years of high quality luster and durability to your home.
- Durability in South Florida:
- According to the NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association), engineered hardwood flooring is 700% more dimensionally stable than solid hardwood. The finishing that comes with today’s prefinished engineered hardwood is incredible and lasts for years with regular wear and tear.
- Designers all over South Florida are falling in love with the wide plank look. You can get a contemporary and clean look or a rugged look with lots of character. You can get the warmth and feel of real wood rather than the cold and hard feel of tile. If you haven’t seen what is out there now, you have to go and look!
- My experience with wide plank engineered wood flooring:
- I know a lot of high-end designers so I spent a lot of time talking to them and asking them about hardwood vs. tile and if they have had experience with some local installers. At first, I was told about four local companies in Miami and one that was a little more North so I decided to visit the Miami scene first because it was closer to me. Some of their products were beautiful; however, I wasn’t sure as to what I wanted to spend. I didn’t get a whole lot of help and I am not that familiar with the different wood selections. Additionally, the designers told me that most of these companies use subcontractors, which made me a little hesitant. I spent about a month cycling through the Miami scene but my home was being renovated and I had to make a decision soon. I was about to pull the trigger with one of the companies in Miami and then I remembered about the one company up North that I kept being told about by a few of my designer friends. I decided to brave the Miami traffic and drove to Fort Lauderdale.
I would have drove to Fort Lauderdale much earlier if I know what I know now. The company I went to visit was Quantum Floors (on East Oakland Park blvd.). I was blown away as soon as I entered their showroom. Not only do they display their samples differently than any of the other companies, but they have a huge selection of hardwood. As I entered, I noticed an amazing aroma tingling with my senses. I was greeted with a smile as soon as I entered the showroom and asked if I would like a bottle of water or a coffee. My immediate reaction was, “Wow”. I don’t really know how to describe it any different than, “Wow”. The salesperson there was absolutely amazing and extremely helpful. He took his time with me and asked me what I wanted. He must have brought ten different samples to the ground for me to see them up close. I felt absolutely no pressure and it was such a relief.
Additionally, they told me that they have their own installers (no subcontractors)! I see why my designer friends told me about this place. I felt as though the salesperson would take my hand and go out of their way to help me throughout the whole process. I selected a wood and asked if they could come out and measure right away. The day after they measured I received the estimate and I couldn’t wait to sign it. They scheduled my installation and ordered my hardwood. The day of the installation, the same salesperson who I worked with, called me that morning to let me know that the installers were on their way. I couldn’t have asked for better service.
The installers arrived in a Quantum Floors van with Quantum Floors shirts and each of them with a huge smile. They began to remove my tile and I noticed that as they were doing it, they were trying to minimize the amount of dust that came into the air. I said to myself, “I am so glad I didn’t choose any of the other companies”. Now the installation was completed and these installers were workhorses! I can’t believe the job they did! I was so happy that I found Quantum Floors and I don’t know what I would have done without them. This is the most beautiful flooring I could have ever imagined. This entire process has been a breath of fresh air. From the selection process to the measure, to the value, to the installation, to the finished product, to the follow-up after the job was completed. I have never experienced customer service like I’ve experienced at Quantum Floors and I would put my reputation on the line to recommend them for your flooring needs. They have 3 locations (Fort Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, and Palm Beach Gardens).